Image Attribution

Background image by anarchosyn

Friday, May 1, 2015

Just When I Thought I Was Out...

...They pull me back in. They in this instance refers to the state department of education.

Hello ORMS folk. My name is Dan Agins, and I'll be tagging along on your journey from now until the end of June as part of an independent study for Ian. My main purpose for doing this is to make up the credits I am short on in order to move from a provisional to professional certificate in the state of Connecticut. I have already completed my master's in educational technology with the UCONN 2 Summers Program, where I had Ian as an instructor for one of my classes. This, however, does not mean that I'll be phoning it in, so to speak. Educational technology, and more specifically, new literacies - is a passion of mine. So is learning. While I may be well versed in this area already, I look forward to looking at new perspectives and pushing my own thinking with your assistance.

Now for some general background: I teach 8th graders about history and the world (aka social studies) at a title one public school in southeastern CT. I am currently in my 11th year. This is my second year being 1:1 with chromebooks - and I have recently become a skeptic again. More on that later.

Here is some fancy looking stuff about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment